Thursday, May 3, 2012

Still scrapping

What can be better than having a mother-in-law who quilts? A mother-in-law who gives you her scraps! A couple of years ago, my wonderful mother-in-law gave me a bag of scraps that she didn’t know what to do with. Boy did I show her what I could do with them.
First I used some of the 1930s retro fabric, added a few more colors and a white on white fabric and came up with a quilt that won 3rd place in the Lake County Fair, my 1st ribbon.
I then went on to make a tote bag. Using some small squares that she had put together I made a pink and white tote bag. I did have to add some of my stash to make the inside and cover the handles.

She also made my daughter a quilt and gave me all the left over fabric and I ended up making curtains for her room and a backpack for school.



What could be better than making a baby quilt for someone – making a tote bag to give the quilt in and then they can use it for a diaper bag.
If you are like me and have to part with the wonderful fabric, use your imagination and turn those scraps into some great.
I guess I shouldn’t have showed her what I did because she now is using her scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment