Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Getting Scrappy Again

So I am still on my mission to use up my ever growing mound of scraps and I came up with a few ideas.
I came across a pattern for pin cushions and make a few for Christmas gifts and they went over very well for my sewing buddies. So I decided to pull out some of my scraps and make a few more. I added some buttons, ribbon and some rick rack.
I used bedding for lizards that you find at the pet shops (ground English walnut shells) which keeps your needles sharp.
Made the top by either sewing the top and layering it with muslin and a very thin batting. The bottom is felt to keep the shells in and also to keep it from slipping off your table.
Give it a try, they are easy, quick and now you have something to store your pins in.
Hint: I divided the big bag of shells into small sandwich bags so if the bag gets a hole in it I dont' lose the whole bag, just a little one.




No comments:

Post a Comment